Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stopping a line graph at today

Hello all,

I have been working on a formula to get my actual data to stop today. The chart will show a line through all year (running baseline award) vs a line that goes from the beginning of the year until today, cumulative (running actual award). I have my usual date table as well ('Date' [Date)] but I cannot seem to find the correct formula.  Any help is greatly appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
eliasayyy
Super User
Super User

are you trying to make the calendar table autaumaticall show till today ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. or I havent thought of it at least. I have my calendar table, which has usual columns (days, months, years). I have another column refreshing everyday to Today, or I could use =Today() too. I want to create a line like below (black line)

luisdom1088_1-1683206629498.png

if i understood correctly you want to create a new line emasure that will be from start of year to todays month in that case may?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thats it, so I have data for around 10 years, I am now showing only this year, the blue line is a baseline I have, will never change throughout the year, the new one that I want to create is an actual, which I am populating every month given an X value, this is the one I want to show from the beginning of the year until the current month. This way I can show were are we on the forecasted value

can you share some sample data so i can help ypu out 

the solution would be to make a disconnected date table(no relationships) that is the same as your main calendar table and make a measure like 

calculate(sum(sales),[month number] <=[disocnnected table today month])

Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention one thing. These lines are based on dates..not dollar values. The yellow bars are indeed the cumulative for total value, but the lines need to be related to dates. Baseline is when we think we are awarding a certain contract to a vendor, actual (which is the line I want to create) is when we actually award it. 

luisdom1088_0-1683211049824.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors