Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tob_P
Helper IV
Helper IV

Show only 1 of a number of duplicate values

TobP3.pngHi

I'm looking to suppress these duplicate values. I need to be able to see all the Quote No's, their corresponding branch, contacts, customer & project names but just see the value on one row. To further add to this, and this may help..

Quote No/Type/Date/Contact/Project Name - Table 1

Branch - Table 2

Customer Name - Table 3

Value - Table 4

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
hyper-frog-11
Regular Visitor

Hi @Tob_P I'm having a similar problem with my data. Did you ever solve this issue and can provide some insight?

I think I ended up dropping what I needed in this example, but if I were to tackle it now I probably would have used the RELATED function in Table 4, to bring in the Quote No (I'm pretty sure my existing relationship between Tables 1 & 4 would have required this), and create a calculated column.

Tob_P
Helper IV
Helper IV

Wondering whether anyone has any insight on this. Not an issue with my relationships.

Have tried a couple of things - SUMMARIZE function and creating a calculated column to CONCATENATE Project Name & Quote Number to create a unique ID and FILTER on that but with no success.

Trawling through the forum here but can't find a case study that fits the profile of this queston.

Thanks again in advance.

Tob_P
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @stevedep Unfortunately that's not an option for me as I believe that it would wreck the outputs in the rest of the report.

In this case I would want to go with the Project Name - it will only ever have one value in it but will have multiple quotes

Something with Ranking, and only showing the first value?

stevedep
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

In Power Query you can remove duplicates. 

stevedep_0-1659522152710.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors