Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brentb
Regular Visitor

SUMX RELATEDTABLE combination not working

Hi,

I have two sets of formulas set up the same way, but one is not working and I cannot figure out why. In fact table SalesValueEntry I have two formulas:

SalesAmount = 

SUM ( 'factSalesValueEntry'[SalesAmount_RCY] )

SalesAmountN-1 = 

CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'factSalesValueEntry'[SalesAmount_RCY] ), DATEADD ( 'Date'[Date], -1, YEAR ) )

There are both working and validated. In the customer table I have to measures related to the ones aboves:

CustomerTurnover = 

SUMX ( RELATEDTABLE ( 'factSalesValueEntry' ), [SalesAmount_SVE] )

This one is working

CustomerTurnoverN-1=

SUMX ( RELATEDTABLE ( 'factSalesValueEntry' ), [SalesAmountN-1_SVE] )

This one is not and I have no clue why. It doesn't give me an error but just returns blank values. The setup looks a bit sketchy anyways on first sight, but I need this for a calculated colum in the customer table:

SWITCH ( TRUE (), [CustomerTurnover] > 0 && [CustomerTurnoverN-1] > 0, "ACTIVE", [CustomerTurnoverN-1] > 0 && [CustomerTurnover] <= 0, "LOST", [CustomerTurnoverN-1] <= 0 && [CustomerTurnover] > 0, "NEW", "N/A" )

3 REPLIES 3
Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@brentb- Check this out and let me know if this works. Try modifying the CustomerTurnoverN-1 measure to use an explicit filter on the date table

CustomerTurnoverN-1=
CALCULATE(
    SUMX(RELATEDTABLE('factSalesValueEntry'), [SalesAmount_SVE]),
    FILTER(
        ALL('Date'),
        'Date'[Date] IN DATEADD('Date'[Date], -1, YEAR)
    )
)

I've hypothetically established this DAX measure, but without much clarity regarding your datasets. If this doesn't serve your needs, I recommend you share a sample dataset. This will give me a more comprehensive understanding of your data structure, enabling me to devise a more suitable solution. Cheers

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. This worked eventually:

CALCULATE(
    SUMX(RELATEDTABLE('factSalesValueEntry'), [SalesAmount_SVE]),
    DATEADD('Date'[Date], -1, YEAR)
)

@brentb- Glad the solution worked for you. Could you please mark this as a solution and give it a thumbs up?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.