Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tw001
Frequent Visitor

SUM of value based on a diferent starting date for each category

Hello, I'm strugling with this for a few days and can't find any solution. I'm still trying to find out how the filter context works in Power BI.

I have the following data model:

tw001_0-1695132779360.png

mntprod table:

tw001_1-1695132836441.png

molde table:

tw001_2-1695132863699.png

mant table:

tw001_3-1695132894913.png

and mant_tipus table:

tw001_4-1695132931345.png

where primer_registre is the first date registered for each category

And this is my main visualization

tw001_5-1695133008401.png

What I'm trying to achieve is to be able to calculate the sum of ciclos for each category starting from the primer_registre date.
In the example image you can see that molde M1587 should have Sum of ciclos different because primer registre starting date is different. I would really appreciate any kind of guidance. I have tried to solve it out by my own but my limited knowledge of filters and inner queries for dax measures don't allow me to break trought this problem.

Sample file 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tw001 ,

According to your description, M1587 with two different primer registre starting date, but the sum of ciclos obtained are the same, may be because there are some filter conditions are not applied. You can create a measure with the proper filters to get it. In order to make troubleshooting and give you a solution as soon as possible, could you  please provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples? It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following links to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply. I have created a sample file replicating the model with some sample data and same visualizations. 

Sample file 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors