Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jensej
Helper V
Helper V

SQL into Dax

Hello!

I have a table in Power Bi with a Month Column Jan-Dec for year 2020. Now i want to a second column that shows the people who resigned in that month. 

In sql i would solve it like this but i don't know if it would work if just create a measure and i don't know the dax code for it. 

Can someone help with the dax code for this select?

SELECT Name + CAST(day(Resign_Date) as varchar) as Name FROM BI_Adr
WHERE Entry_Date <= GETDATE() and Resign_Date > GETDATE()

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jensej , In a table visual take name, Resign_Date and this measure

measure  =calculate(countrows(Table), filter(Table, Table[Entry_Date] <=Today() && Table[Resign_Date] >=Today()))

HI @amitchandak  

Thanks for your reply, if i do this i get this error message in the table visual. "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected"

@Jensej , Can you share your measure

Measure 2 = 
VAR first= min(JF_BI_Datum[Datum])
VAR last= max(JF_BI_Datum[Datum])

RETURN
calculate(countrows(JF_BI_Adr), filter(JF_BI_Adr,DATESBETWEEN(JF_BI_Adr[Resign_Date],first,last)))

@Jensej , Try like

Measure 2 =
VAR first= minX(allselected(JF_BI_Datum), JF_BI_Datum[Datum])
VAR last= maxX(allselected(JF_BI_Datum),JF_BI_Datum[Datum])

RETURN
calculate(countrows(JF_BI_Adr), filter(JF_BI_Adr,DATESBETWEEN(JF_BI_Adr[Resign_Date],first,last)))

HI @amitchandak 

I almost solved the problem with this Measure. It shows me the day and name of the person that left that month. It works perfect as long as only one person left that month but if it's more it only shows 1 person. Is there some way to do some kind of loop and see if there is more persons and then add like a  comma and that person on the same row? 

Resigns = 
CALCULATE (
DAY(min(JF_BI_Adr[Resign_Date])) & " " & min(JF_BI_Adr[Full Name]), USERELATIONSHIP (JF_BI_Adr[Resign_Date], JF_BI_Datum[Datum] ))

Sadly still the same error 😞 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.