Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joshua1990
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Remove Filter to Calendar

Hi all!

I have a sales table that is linked by [Sales Date] to the calendar table.

Now I have a report with a month slicer to filter a matrix that shows budget vs sales.

This visual shows budget vs sales for each article

But now I would like to show the sales regardles of the slicer.

How can I disable the month filter in the Sales Measure?

Something like CALCULATE ( SUM (Sales[Sales]), ALL(Sales])) is not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @joshua1990 

you can use

CALCULATE ( SUM (Sales[Sales]), CROSSFILTER (Sales[Sales Date], 'Calendar'[Date], NONE ))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
foucaultf
Frequent Visitor

Hi @joshua1990 ,

Do you want the slicer to filter only on a specific column? According to your description, you want the month slicer to filter only budget, not sales.

Unfortunately, since the slicer is related to table visual, it is not possible to still show all rows when you have selected an item in slicer. Unless you disable the interaction between slicer and visual.

To workaround your requirement, you could create an unrelated table, as mentioned by @Jihwan_Kim . You will get the result as shown below. The month slicer only filters budget, not sales.

foucaultf_0-1660125002041.png

However, if you want to get the result shown above without creating an unrelated table, there is no better way so far.

Best Regards

DikshantKoli
Frequent Visitor

Hi @joshua1990 you can try CALCULATE (SUM(Sales[sales], ALLEXCEPT(Sales,Sales[article])).

Hope the above works. Please feel free to suggest corrections if any.

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

One of ways to create a model that a slicer does not affect the measure is to create a disconnected table and use the column from the disconnected table as a slicer.

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim Thanks, is there any way to solve this without an extra table?

Hi @joshua1990 

you can use

CALCULATE ( SUM (Sales[Sales]), CROSSFILTER (Sales[Sales Date], 'Calendar'[Date], NONE ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors