Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Missy
Frequent Visitor

Rankx Value by category hierarchy for each dynamic time period in matrix

Im trying to get this 

Missy_0-1647616654964.png

but i get this 

Missy_1-1647617102262.png

here is my current code 

RankbyDate =
VAR Region = ISFILTERED(Station_Departure[xRegion_t])
VAR SubRegion = ISFILTERED(Station_Departure[xSubRegion_t])
VAR Station = ISFILTERED(Station_Departure[xStn_t])
VAR Result = SWITCH ( true(),
Region&&NOT(SubRegion)&&NOT(Station),CALCULATE( RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Station_Departure[xRegion_t]), [TotalAgreementLevelScore],,DESC)),
SubRegion&&NOT(Station)&&NOT(Region),CALCULATE( RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Station_Departure[xSubRegion_t]), [TotalAgreementLevelScore],,DESC)),
Station&&NOT(Region)&&NOT(SubRegion),CALCULATE (RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Station_Departure[xStn_t]), [TotalAgreementLevelScore],,DESC)))

RETURN Result
2 REPLIES 2
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Missy , could you please upload a sample PBIX file?

Unfortunately I cant but I can give you a picture of the data

I have a Date Table that connects to Event Dates in my “Base” table that has unique responses by ID. Then that table connects to all the responses per unique id per question.  And each unique ID is connected to a meta data table which connects to the category hierarchy.  As shown below.

Missy_0-1647632312228.png

I then have some measures that calculate a score based on various answers to varies questions

TotalAgreementLevelScore =

….. VARS

VAR TotalAgreementLevelScore = CALCULATE(TotalAgreementLevelMultiplierCount/TotalAgreementLevelCount)

RETURN TotalAgreementLevelScore

Then I calculate the rank based on score by Category Hierarchy

VAR Region = ISINSCOPE(Station_Departure[xRegion_t])

VAR SubRegion = ISINSCOPE(Station_Departure[xSubRegion_t])

VAR Station = ISINSCOPE(Station_Departure[xStn_t])

VAR Result = SWITCH ( true(),

Region&&NOT(SubRegion)&&NOT(Station),CALCULATE( RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Station_Departure[xRegion_t]), [TotalAgreementLevelScore],,DESC)),

SubRegion&&NOT(Station)&&NOT(Region),CALCULATE( RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Station_Departure[xSubRegion_t]), [TotalAgreementLevelScore],,DESC)),

Station&&NOT(Region)&&NOT(SubRegion),CALCULATE (RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Station_Departure[xStn_t]), [TotalAgreementLevelScore],,DESC)))

RETURN Result

Then put the results into a matrix to show each category rank by time period and it does not work.

Missy_1-1647632312234.png

Also when I try to expand the rows I end up with no results for the sub categories

Missy_2-1647632312236.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors