Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

db1Intermtn
Helper I
Helper I

Rank and Rank Increment/Decrement from selected week vs previous week

I have a table visual with branch, client and revenue information. The revenue is coming from a measure which is affected by the week selector slicer. 

rank question.png

I need to show Rank for selected week and rank increment/decrement from selected week's rank vs previous week from selected week. In snapshot, Rank # and Rank are the requirements.

I tried to create rank with AllSelected function but it is always affected by week slicer and I cannot get previous week rank to compare and put Rank increment/decrement. DAX I tried for Rank

Ranking  = 
RANKX(
            ALLSELECTED(V_TopClients),
            CALCULATE(SUM(V_TopClients[Revenue])
            )
        )

I have v_TopClients that has weekly revenue information linking to dimCalendar, Date tables.

5 REPLIES 5

@amitchandak 

I have calculated this week and previous week values with measures.

This Week = CALCULATE ( SUM ( V_TopClients[GrossProfit] ), ALLSELECTED ( DimCalendar[WeekCaption] ) )
Previous Week = CALCULATE ( SUM ( v_TopClients[GrossProfit] ), ALLSELECTED ( 'DimCalendar' ), DATEADD('Date'[Date],-7,DAY))

I have also calculated the Rank for this week with Dax:

Ranking This Week = RANKX( ALLSELECTED(V_TopClients), CALCULATE(SUM(V_TopClients[GrossProfit]) ) )

Now to show Rank increment/decrement based on the rank, I need previous week's rank. I am unable to get the rank for previous week. If I can get that, I was going to use the difference of this week's rank and previous week's rank to see the position change of the clients 

@db1Intermtn , share data from week table or week and year column 

@amitchandak 

Please find the sample data here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ave_-9o8DQVEgRq42F7E2tvw1s9_?e=0CRLM4

I have uploaded for 2 weeks for top clients data and 7 weeks for sample calendar table I have.

top clients sample.png

My requirement is to show rank increase/decrease/constant for the clients on the list based on selected week vs previous week rank.

Hi @db1Intermtn 

write your measures like this:

this week =
VAR _maxWeekData =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] ), ALL ( TopClients ) )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( TopClients[GrossProfit] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( DimCalendar ), DimCalendar[CalendarWeekKey] = _maxWeekData )
    )

previous week =
VAR _maxWeekData =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] ), ALL ( TopClients ) )
VAR _previousWeek =
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( TopClients ), TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] < _maxWeekData )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( TopClients[GrossProfit] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( DimCalendar ), DimCalendar[CalendarWeekKey] = _previousWeek )
    )

Ranking This Week = RANKX( ALL(TopClients), [this week] )

Ranking previous Week = RANKX( ALL(TopClients), [previous week] )

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.