Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

db1Intermtn
Helper I
Helper I

Rank and Rank Increment/Decrement from selected week vs previous week

I have a table visual with branch, client and revenue information. The revenue is coming from a measure which is affected by the week selector slicer. 

rank question.png

I need to show Rank for selected week and rank increment/decrement from selected week's rank vs previous week from selected week. In snapshot, Rank # and Rank are the requirements.

I tried to create rank with AllSelected function but it is always affected by week slicer and I cannot get previous week rank to compare and put Rank increment/decrement. DAX I tried for Rank

Ranking  = 
RANKX(
            ALLSELECTED(V_TopClients),
            CALCULATE(SUM(V_TopClients[Revenue])
            )
        )

I have v_TopClients that has weekly revenue information linking to dimCalendar, Date tables.

5 REPLIES 5

@amitchandak 

I have calculated this week and previous week values with measures.

This Week = CALCULATE ( SUM ( V_TopClients[GrossProfit] ), ALLSELECTED ( DimCalendar[WeekCaption] ) )
Previous Week = CALCULATE ( SUM ( v_TopClients[GrossProfit] ), ALLSELECTED ( 'DimCalendar' ), DATEADD('Date'[Date],-7,DAY))

I have also calculated the Rank for this week with Dax:

Ranking This Week = RANKX( ALLSELECTED(V_TopClients), CALCULATE(SUM(V_TopClients[GrossProfit]) ) )

Now to show Rank increment/decrement based on the rank, I need previous week's rank. I am unable to get the rank for previous week. If I can get that, I was going to use the difference of this week's rank and previous week's rank to see the position change of the clients 

@db1Intermtn , share data from week table or week and year column 

@amitchandak 

Please find the sample data here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ave_-9o8DQVEgRq42F7E2tvw1s9_?e=0CRLM4

I have uploaded for 2 weeks for top clients data and 7 weeks for sample calendar table I have.

top clients sample.png

My requirement is to show rank increase/decrease/constant for the clients on the list based on selected week vs previous week rank.

Hi @db1Intermtn 

write your measures like this:

this week =
VAR _maxWeekData =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] ), ALL ( TopClients ) )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( TopClients[GrossProfit] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( DimCalendar ), DimCalendar[CalendarWeekKey] = _maxWeekData )
    )

previous week =
VAR _maxWeekData =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] ), ALL ( TopClients ) )
VAR _previousWeek =
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( TopClients ), TopClients[CalendarWeekKey] < _maxWeekData )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( TopClients[GrossProfit] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( DimCalendar ), DimCalendar[CalendarWeekKey] = _previousWeek )
    )

Ranking This Week = RANKX( ALL(TopClients), [this week] )

Ranking previous Week = RANKX( ALL(TopClients), [previous week] )

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors