Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matej
Helper I
Helper I

New calculated column

Hello, 

I would like to ask for a help with this specific problem. 

Capture.PNG

I need a calculated column that would take SUM of Amount from different product categories and divide them by number 30. After that I would like that number to be divided by the "Bed Count" which is a column in a different table. I have tried multiple DAX formulas but nothing seems to do the trick in the way I realy need. Any help would be masively appreciated. 

Matej 

2 REPLIES 2
Matej
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry, I know that the explanation was not clear at all. 

Basically, I have a table like this which contains multiple categories of pruducts we sell to a customer. In this table the price for the products is summed based on the category. 

1.PNG

Next I have another table with customer details containing the amount of beds each customer have available. 

2.PNG

What I am trying to achieve is to write a formula that would calculate daily spending for each category based on per day/per bed. I can do the math in excel in this way (which is very uneficient) = (Total price in the each of the category/30 [AVR amount of days in month])/Bed Count. 

Hope it makes a bit more sense now.

Matej 

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

could you help provide some sample data to help those who might help you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors