Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mordonez
Frequent Visitor

New Customers , Active Customers and lost Customers

Hello : 

I have a Sales Table where i have the following fields : 

Date

ClientID

SKU

Sales 

And a date table with mi dates dimentions 

I try to lookup in the forum for this solution , but some are really advanced and i cant understand it 

What i need to do is get the count of customers by month  with this caracteristics :

New customers : are the customers wich NEVER buy a product in the past and now buy something  (from historyc date)

Active Customers : are the customers who as bought anything in the last 3 months 

lost Customers : are the customers who dont buy anything in the last 3 months 

i tried this but i can get the results i need 

Active Customers =
VAR
CustomerList=ALL('Sell Out'[ID])
VAR
ChurnDate = 2
RETURN
COUNTROWS(
FILTER(
CustomerList,
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Sell Out'),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'),
'Calendar'[Month]>(MIN('Calendar'[Month])-ChurnDate)&&'Calendar'[Month]<MIN('Calendar'[Month])))=0))
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mordonez , a small modification in the measure from this blogs can help.

please check

Customer Retention Part 1:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-1-Month-on-Month-Retention/b...
Customer Retention Part 2: Period over Period Retention :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-2-Period-over-Period-Retenti...

Thanks , but i dont understand how to avoid the filter you use to compare current month and past month 

What i need to archieve is to know hoy many new customers i have in each month who never bought in the past 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.