Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KiranKr

Need help with DAX measure

I am having difficulty with creating a measure, please help. I have 3 tables. Our Accounts (customers) create cases (issues). Our partners take care of renewals of our accounts. I need to create measures to show how many accounts are renewed in a given month and year, cumulative accounts that were renewed, and number of cases those accounts created in that given month and year. Following diagram shows the tables and relations. I am able to create the first two measures (m-YearMonthRenewedAccountsCount, m-YearMonthRenewedAccountsCumulativeCount) using dax formulas. But have a very hard time to create the measure to show number of cases the accounts created in a given month and year of the renewal. Simple dax formula of CaseId count using the existing relations does not work based on renewal year and month. 

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Have you try adding a Calendar table related to both tables accordingly.

Then you can create your measure using the time selection on either tables (cases or Renewal)

If I answer your question, please mark my post as a solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors