Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monthly glidepath sales target vs cumulative sum graph

Hi everyone, 

I'm having a bit of an issue on one of my visual of my monthly sales dashboard (so only focused on current month, day by day). I want to put the shipped orders (cumulative sum) with the glidepath target in the same visual. 

Recently I had to change my data source slightly and one of my graph went wrong despite the relationships still being the same. 

It should look like this:

Diane2000_0-1679423761382.png

However at the moment it looks like this: 

Diane2000_1-1679423805082.png

The measures are as below:

Shipped =
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Orders'[Shipped]),
    FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Orders', 'Orders'[Billing Date] <= MAX('Orders'[Billing Date])))

Glidepath S&OP =
VAR Glidepath =
    SUMX('Glidepath','Glidepath'[Order percentage])
VAR Results =
    Glidepath*SUM('S&OP Live'[Mar/F23])
RETURN
    Results

Glidepath Sales =
VAR Glidepath =
    SUMX('Glidepath','Glidepath'[Order percentage])
VAR Results =
    Glidepath*SUM('Sales Call'[Mar/F23])
RETURN
    Results

The source data of these formula is essentially coming from these two tables: 

Diane2000_2-1679424365776.png

The Orders basically just shows what was shipped per day, while the glidepath provides an order percentage target per day, which is why the relationship is based on these two dates together. 

Any idea to solve this very welcome? It might just be a relationship issue but for the moment it doesn't make any sense to me as it was working perfectly before.

Thanks, 

Diane

1 REPLY 1
WinterMist
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous 

1) When you say "I had to change my data source slightly", exactly what was changed?

2) When issues specific to the datasource occur, it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot without access to the PBIX.  Would you be able to upload your PBIX to Google Drive and share the link here?  (Additionally, you mention a possible relationship issue, for which the PBIX is needed.)

3) Comparing the 2 line chart screenshots (CORRECT vs INCORRECT), I'm seeing multiple differences:

- Both Glidepath lines should continue past the current date into the future, but do not.

- Both Glidepath lines should almost perfectly mirror each other in up-down movement, but do not.

- The numbers are completely different: For March 19th, the numbers for the CORRECT chart are all between 20-30M.  However, for the INCORRECT chart, the numbers are more spread out around: 15M, 12M, & 10M. 

Are all 3 of these differences needing to be resolved, or are we focusing only on a specific difference?

Regards,

Nathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors