Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nryan688

Max Month not changing when filters applied

I am trying to pull in current max month text which with no filter I would expect "February" but if I filter out February I would expect "January" to return. My issue is on CurrentMonthText for some reason my PriorMonthText works as expected. I am using this to populate a Title field formula which is why they end with "& " Errors"

CurrentMonthText = FORMAT(DATE(1,MONTH(MAX(Query2[File Date])),1), "MMMM") & " Errors"

*when no filter applied returns "February" 

*When I filter out February, "February" is still returning when I expect "January" 

PriorMonthText = FORMAT(DATE(1,MONTH(MAX(Query2[File Date]))-1,1), "MMMM") & " Errors"

*when no filter is applied returns "January" 

*when I filter out February, "December" is returned as expected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @nryan688 ,

You can try the following dax.:

CurrentMonthText =
FORMAT(
MAXX(
    ALLSELECTED('Query2'),[File Date]),"MMMM") &" Errors"
PriorMonthText =
FORMAT(
EOMONTH(MAXX(
    ALLSELECTED('Query2'),[File Date]),-1),"MMMM") &" Errors"

The slicer has no selected state:

vyangliumsft_0-1707278749905.png

Slicer unchecked state:

vyangliumsft_1-1707278749907.png

If it doesn't meet your desired outcome, can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @nryan688 ,

You can try the following dax.:

CurrentMonthText =
FORMAT(
MAXX(
    ALLSELECTED('Query2'),[File Date]),"MMMM") &" Errors"
PriorMonthText =
FORMAT(
EOMONTH(MAXX(
    ALLSELECTED('Query2'),[File Date]),-1),"MMMM") &" Errors"

The slicer has no selected state:

vyangliumsft_0-1707278749905.png

Slicer unchecked state:

vyangliumsft_1-1707278749907.png

If it doesn't meet your desired outcome, can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors