Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest 52, 26, 13, 4 weeks

Hello! 

I am in need of some help. I am currently trying to add a drop down filter that would allow me to filter my report pages by the latest 52, 26, 13, and 4 weeks. I know there is the option to do this with relative dates, but I am hoping to create an actual measure / column with this four options. Essentially, I am trying to do something similar to current week offset, but instead of having my end user select 0 to -3 to get the latest 4 weeks and want them to be able to just select "Latest 4 week." I would also use this in tables as a row to show latest 52 week sales, units, etc. 

Any thoughts on how to pull this off? 

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, you can do it as a column in the table where you look at the date and compare it to TODAY for instance or you can create a disconnected table with your options and do it as part of a measure. If you really want the last 52 weeks and such, it would be advisable to use Sequential - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Sequential/m-p/380231#M116

If this answer is not specific enough, Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors