Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

carlenb
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to get the relative value? Model attached

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. I've attached the model here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yIC3LKIDAaCzr5LbQyg5k6w2p4poSNB3/view?usp=sharing 

Also see screenshot of the model below and the expected end result. 

carlenb_0-1696406644968.png

carlenb_2-1696407183662.png

The expected result is a bar chart where you can filter on project, supplier name and date. The Y-axis will be sales for the total number of projects and the X-axis will be dates based on project starts. Example: the value of project id 1 is 10 700, and the value of the project start in 2024-05-08 is 3 * 10 700 = 32 100. So:

• The Sales table will calculate the volume per project by multiplying Sales[Price] and Sales[Quantity]
  • The additional step is that the measure must also multiply the volume from Sales with the Number of starts in the DimProjectPlan table. Meaning: the volume for Sales is only for one (1) project start, but the correct sum would be Sales[Price] * Sales[Quantity] * DimProjectPlan[Number of starts] as the same project may be sold more than one time. This is the Y-axis. 
  • The X-axis in the chart will be the date from DimProjectPlan[Date] as this shows when each project starts

Data

• Sales contain price, quantity, project id, project, sub-project, suppliers. Duplicates
  • DimProject is a list of project id, project, sub-project. No duplicates
  • DimProjectPlan is a list of project id, project, sub-project, number of projects, start date. Duplicates 
  • DimSupplier is a unique list of suppliers. No duplicates 
  • Calendar

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @carlenb 
Please refr to attached

1.png

Sales Volumne = 
SUMX ( 
    VALUES ( DimProject[ID] ),
    SUMX ( 
        CALCULATETABLE ( Sales ),
        Sales[Quantity] * Sales[Price]
    )
        * CALCULATE ( MAX ( DimProjectPlan[Number of starts] ) )
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @carlenb 
Please refr to attached

1.png

Sales Volumne = 
SUMX ( 
    VALUES ( DimProject[ID] ),
    SUMX ( 
        CALCULATETABLE ( Sales ),
        Sales[Quantity] * Sales[Price]
    )
        * CALCULATE ( MAX ( DimProjectPlan[Number of starts] ) )
)

Many thanks @tamerj1 - I got it to work as expected 🙂 thanks for submitting the solution as well! 

carlenb
Advocate II
Advocate II

Added the following example in the thread start: 

The value of project id 1 is 10 700, and the value of the project start in 2024-05-08 is 3 * 10 700 = 32 100.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors