Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hajnalka77
Frequent Visitor

How to find and aggregate the first value in an expression

Hello Guys

I have a column of different numbers, (scantípus) I have to calculate only with 3 numbers (13, 14, 23), but I always need the earliest created number related to the 'csomagszám' column.  I have counted them, but I couldn' find how to choose only the earlier created number if more than one number related to the same csomagszám column (related to the same id).

DELIVERY_SZKENEK = CALCULATE(COUNT('Lekérdezés1'[csomagszám]),'Lekérdezés1'[scantípus]=13 || 'Lekérdezés1'[scantípus]=14 || 'Lekérdezés1'[scantípus]=23)
I have these columns
csomagszám  Date                   Time         scantípus
id1                  2023.02.07         7:42:54      13
id1                   2023.02.07         7:42:01      14
id2                  2023.02.07          5:00:11      14
id3                  2023.02.07         4:18:02        23

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Hajnalka77
Frequent Visitor

Hello FreemanZ, thanks very much for your time and effort, the result looks much better now.

However I realised there are duplicated rows (duplicated 14, 13 numbers). Can I also filter the duplicated numbers related to Lekérdezés1[csomagszám] column?

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @Hajnalka77 

try like:

DELIVERY_SZKENEK=
VAR _table =
    SUMMARIZE(
         Lekérdezés1,
         Lekérdezés1[csomagszám],
         Lekérdezés1[scantípus]
    )
VAR _table2 =
    FILTER(
        _table,
        Lekérdezés1[scantípus] IN {13, 14, 23} 
    )
RETURN
    COUNTROWS(_table2)

Hello FreemanZ, thanks very much for your time and effort, the result looks much better now.

However I realised there are duplicated rows (duplicated 14, 13 numbers). Can I also filter the duplicated numbers related to Lekérdezés1[csomagszám] column? Or still can I refer always to the earlier (based on date column) and drop the later one?

hi @Hajnalka77 

the duplicates for the column inside SUMMARIZE will be removed. Just try it out.

In case of issue, please provide the dataset enriched enough to reflect your challenge. 

Yes, it was removed, thanks, I have tried. What I meant I want to filter further the result. If one id (csomagszám) has both numbers 13 and 14, I want to count only the earlier created one (based on the time and date column).  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors