Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a virtual column of a virtual table to use in metrics

Hello everyone,
I'm new to power bi, I have a beginner problem and I ask for your help.
I have a table with disk information collection. This collection occurs several times during the day.
I want to create a metric with the sum of only the last values ​​of the last records of each disk. You will need the following sampletime, samplevalue, and target columns.

I created a calculated column for ease of filtering because I need to filter disk names and use only what is TRUE from this column C_ContainsStringTarget = if ([M_TargetFilter]; TRUE; FALSE).

Here's M_TargetFilter = (CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "VOL_") ||
    CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "_ RDMs") ||
    CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "HYPERSWAP_")) &&
    (NOT (CONTAINSSTRING (SELECTEDVALUE (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [target]); "local")))

To return the most current value I created the following metric M_LastValue =
VAR MaxData = MAX (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [sampletime])
RETURN
Calculate (
    max (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [samplevalue]);
    filter (V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES; V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES [sampletime] = MaxData
    )
)

For the purpose of target-oriented matrix visualization, adding the samplevalue column, adding the M_LastValue metric, and filtering only on the true values ​​of the C_ContainsStringTarget column, I have the matrix with the values ​​I need. But I don't know how to make just one metric by just summing these values ​​returned in this view. Can someone help me?

Detail, I'm making a direct connection to a SQL server (Direct query), I think it limits the use of some functions.

How can I merge these filters into one metric and return the sum of the last recorded values ​​only for the filtered disks with the value TRUE in the C_ContainsStringTarget column?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following solution:

M_SUM_LastValue =
sumx(
CALCULATETABLE(
all(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES);
filter(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES;
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]=max(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]) )
);
if(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]=MAX(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]) &&
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[C_ContainsStringTarget]=TRUE;V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue])
)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following solution:

M_SUM_LastValue =
sumx(
CALCULATETABLE(
all(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES);
filter(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES;
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]=max(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue]) )
);
if(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]=MAX(V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[sampletime]) &&
V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[C_ContainsStringTarget]=TRUE;V_QOS_DISK_CAPACITY_GBYTES[samplevalue])
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors