Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BAFreedom
Helper I
Helper I

How To Find The Specific Value In Power Pivot For Specific Text?

I know this is a PowerBI community, but I will eventually be using PowerBI for this (after I solve this problem with Power Pivot), and this is urgent. 
I want to do a calculated field in "sheet 1" such that it returns the price of service for only Category 1 and Category 2 options, and leave everything else (Category 1A, Category 3, etc.) blank in a new price column (sheet 1).

How do I go about this? I spent many hours trying... Thanks.

Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/088kel5c2jlo1z0/June%2026%20Power%20Pivot%20Question.xlsx?dl=0

Here are screenshots (I made the data to protect confidential information).

Sheet 1:

BAFreedom_0-1656264019548.png

Sheet 2:

BAFreedom_1-1656264044169.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

@BAFreedom 

I guess you have many to one relationship between Sheet1 and Sheet2. Please use

Price = 

IF ( Sheet1[Category] = "Category 1" || Sheet1[Category] = "Category 2", RELATED ( Sheet2[Cost] ) )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

@BAFreedom 

I guess you have many to one relationship between Sheet1 and Sheet2. Please use

Price = 

IF ( Sheet1[Category] = "Category 1" || Sheet1[Category] = "Category 2", RELATED ( Sheet2[Cost] ) )

WOW! Thank you so much for your help. I asked around, and nobody was able to get it but you. Thank you!!

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @BAFreedom 

no worries it the same as power bi. Would you please share a screenshot as I'm currently accessing the forum through my mobile only. 

@tamerj1  Thanks for the reply. I just posted screenshots in the original message. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.