Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ronbermudez
Helper I
Helper I

Highlight max value of specific rows and column

Hi,

DAX driven help:
I'd like to highlight the max sum values of a specific row and a specific column to provide orientation in a visually driven table.

This will provide an orientation cross of the max value area in the blue area.

Each cell in the blue area represents the max sum value for each row or column.  Near the periphery of the eye the sum values are less than max.

The only way I can think of doing this is adding +100 to each max value in row 0 and column 0.  Then with conditional formatting I can highlight the max+100 values with another color resulting in the orientation cross.

Currently, it looks like this:pre.jpg

Expected from conditional formatting:
post.jpg

Close-up of visual table axis:

Expected column 0 max values = +100

Expected row 0 max values = +100

close_up.jpg

Here is the Excel file for anyone to help provide a solution or guidance:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FvdnXf8kxgQpZlBQD8jgzGXEs47JTzCN/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ronbermudez ,

Please update the formula of measure as below and check if it can return the correct result...

Measure = 
VAR m =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( raw_data[Y] ), ALLSELECTED ( raw_data ) )
RETURN 
    IF (
        [Sum of Value] = m
            && MAX ( raw_data[y] ) = 0,
        [Sum of Value] + 1,
        [Sum of Value]
    )

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @ronbermudez ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ronbermudez
Helper I
Helper I

If I hard code the max value, it works.  If I use a variable to attain the max value, it doesn't work.

The measure I tried to get the horizontal part of the cross:

measure =

VAR m = 16

VAR otherMAX(raw_data[Y])

return

IF( [Sum of Value] = 16  &&  MAX(raw_data[y]) =0 , [Sum of Value] +1, [Sum of Value])

The above measure works when I hard code 16 or use VAR m.  When I use VAR other, it doesn't work and +1 is added to each cell of the entire row.  In other words, I only need +1 added to the max values of the row.

I can't hard code a value, because the max value of the row could change depending how I have the data pivoted.

I'm stumped.  Need more help

Hi @ronbermudez ,

Please update the formula of measure as below and check if it can return the correct result...

Measure = 
VAR m =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( raw_data[Y] ), ALLSELECTED ( raw_data ) )
RETURN 
    IF (
        [Sum of Value] = m
            && MAX ( raw_data[y] ) = 0,
        [Sum of Value] + 1,
        [Sum of Value]
    )

Best Regards

@v-yiruan-msft 

Thank You very much.  I appreciate the help from you.  I've accepted your solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors