Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yve214
Helper III
Helper III

Help with Dax measure for target counts per quarter

If I am given a target per quarter for a report.

For instance

Q1 = 6, 

Q2 = 6, 

Q3 = 6, 

Q4 = 6

so basically for each calendar quarter I am given a standard 6 total of sale items.

How can i get the rolling total say I select February 5th. I am assuming those 6 will be divided by 90 days for me to get an accrued exact target from quarter start to feb 5th, approx. 2.4 items, or if i selected April 2nd, I should expect approx. 5.52. assuming I am drividing the target (6) by (90 days) of each quarter. 

I want to be able to select a particular date and I get like the qtd rolling total of the target. I know I could assign variables for each quarter and then return the conditions to which I want them, but i dont think that works the way I want it. Please advise, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

You could try multiplying your calculated daily target by COUNTROWS(DATESQTD('Date'[Date])).

And if you wanted to get the actual number of days in the chosen quarter, rather than assuming a flat 90, you could try something like

Days in quarter = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Date'), REMOVEILTERS('Date'), 
'Date'[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Year]) && 'Date'[Quarter] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Quarter]))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnt75
Super User
Super User

You could try multiplying your calculated daily target by COUNTROWS(DATESQTD('Date'[Date])).

And if you wanted to get the actual number of days in the chosen quarter, rather than assuming a flat 90, you could try something like

Days in quarter = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Date'), REMOVEILTERS('Date'), 
'Date'[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Year]) && 'Date'[Quarter] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Quarter]))

@johnt75 

Thank you so much for this solution. Everything worked as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors