Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

01_RAF_01
Frequent Visitor

Help needed with some DAX calculations

Hi im new here. Starting to work more and more with DAX calculations in PowerBi. Learning every day and could use some help. I have been working on setting up a forecast step by step, these are the first steps. 

The data i have is as follows: 
1 dimension date table

1 facttable where amount of received requests are stored  (i made a relationship from date received to datetable)

I have been able to get these measures: 

- total current requests in stock (until last date) :

VAR Dat = Max(Dates[Date])
RETURN
Calculate(COUNT(
'Ss'[CN]),
'Ss'[CreateDate]<Dat,
(Not('Ss'[CloseDate]<(Dat)) || ISBLANK('Ss'[CloseDate])),
ALL(Dates[Date]))

- received request per date:

Instr= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Ss'))

- 30days MA:

CALCULATE(

AVERAGEX(
(DATESINPERIOD(Dates[Date],
Max(Dates[Date]),
-30,DAY)), CALCULATE([Instr],Dates[Workday]=1)))  < This filters the weekends out of the data

Would appreciate some help on these topics:

1) 30 days MA...  I need the average to be counted until today. Now i also see data for the future 30 days. Best would be to see the 30day MA untill the last day (today).

2) I want to sum up (cummulate) the 30days MA untill the end of my datetable (end datetable is today()+30) . So starting today.

3) So basically with these 2 calculations i would have a projection for the next 30days. Current resuest in stock + cummulative MA would project the stock for the coming 30 days. 

This is my first challenge which i have to work on, hope someone has some great ideas/ solutions. 
2 REPLIES 2
01_RAF_01
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply @amitchandak .. To make it a bit clear ill try to explain it step by step. See screenshot below. 
19 april for example was the last date there are requests received. Untill that day the amount of open requests (not finished) was 4640. 

I made a 60day MA with this dax measure: 

CALCULATE(
AVERAGEX(
(DATESINPERIOD(Dates[Date],
Max(Dates[Date]),
-60,DAY)), CALCULATE([requestsreceivedtoday],Dates[Workday]=1)))

as you can see the MA also goes in the future, i would like to see that it calculated the MA until the last day that there are requests received and after that date it shows that MA.
So in this example until april 19th it should show 130, and for all future dates also 130 instead of changing...

i cant do this by the way: 

CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX('Date'[Date]),-30,Day))

to calculate the amount received requests i have a measure of countrows... i cant do a sum of a measure right?

1.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@01_RAF_01 , Not very clear typically

Rolling 30 day = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX('Date'[Date]),-30,Day))

Rolling 30 day from today= CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],today(),-30,Day))

next 30

Rolling 30 day = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX('Date'[Date]),30,Day))

Rolling 30 day from today= CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],today(),30,Day))

last to next 30

Rolling 30 day = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX('Date'[Date])-30,60,Day))

Rolling 30 day from today= CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Number]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],today()-30,60,Day))

But if you want to travel workday

Traveling Across Workdays - What is next/previous Working day
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Travelling-Across-Workdays-Decoding-Date-and-Calenda...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors