Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PeRoma
Frequent Visitor

Get a random line from a table that is filtered by a slicer

Hi,

I want to get a random line out a table. The table should be filtered by a slicer before selecting the line.

Example:

the starting table is:

ID-no   name   colour

103      shirts   red

204      shirts   blue

101      socks   red

348      jacket  blue

421      jacket  green

333      jacket  red

There is a slicer filtering the colours. I want to use this slicer (at run time) and generate a random selection of e.g. a "red" article.

I have had the idea to create a table with all the filtered entries. But I failed to apply the slicer argument to CALCULTETABLE. And the next step should be to get a random line (or ID-no) out of the created table. 

But may be there is a better way the create the (random) line or ID-no in a different way.

Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
PeRoma
Frequent Visitor

Hi Fowmy,

Thank you for your reply but you are right, this is not my intension. I want a DAX command pick a random line and show it in a visual. Sorry for not being correct enough.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@PeRoma 

A random line can be picked one you select a colour from the slicer, the issue is the number will be static as long as you refresh your model. I think your expectation is not that.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors