Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NCW
Frequent Visitor

Get Duration from Logged In and Logged Out data per User

I am looking to find the total time users are logged into our system. The way the data is exported currently does not show how long they were logged in. I don't know the best way to do this within Power BI. 

NCW_0-1670884005019.png

This is a snippet of what the CSV data looks like. I am able to export a table of Logged In and Logged Out seperately but I thought this would be better.

I was thinking the equation to do it would look like:

If Action = "RemoteLoggedIn" (some how store UserName)

Then find the next instance of "RemoteLoggedOut" and UserName1 = UserName2

Then Date2 - Date1 = Duration

I don't know how to do this within PowerBI or what the best way to implement this. It seems easier in a different language, especially with loops and storing of variables. But I am new to PowerBI and I am struggling to figure this one out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NCW ,

a new column = if([Action] = "RemoteLoggedIn",

datediff( [Date], Minx(filter(Table, [user Name] = earlier([User Name]) && [Action] ="RemoteLoggedOut" && [Date] > Earlier([Date]) ) ,[Date]), Minute) , Blank())

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NCW ,

a new column = if([Action] = "RemoteLoggedIn",

datediff( [Date], Minx(filter(Table, [user Name] = earlier([User Name]) && [Action] ="RemoteLoggedOut" && [Date] > Earlier([Date]) ) ,[Date]), Minute) , Blank())

This works great. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors