Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ConnorH
Employee
Employee

Finding days between project status changes

I have tried a number of things to try to make this work but I can not seem to figure it out. I have a project table which holds the created date for a project and a status table which holds status change dates and project status as a decimal. A project may have many different status changes.

My Goal is to find the time between the created date for a project and each status change. I am not sure if I need to use the project table or not considering the status tables contains the created date for the project. 

Project IDStatus ExtractStatus Change DateCreated date
135683.07/15/207/10/20
135684.07/16/207/10/20
155981.07/18/207/16/20
155982.07/20/207/16/20
135683.07/20/207/10/20

Things to keep in mind: a project can go backwards or forward  with status changes, status Extract starts at 1.0 and ends a 4.0, and there is a Primary key on the status table. Product ID is the FK in the status table while it is the primary key in the product table.

I have tried a couple things. This is an example of one thing I have tried but it didn't work. 

Column = If(DISTINCTCOUNT('Status'[Status Extract])>1, DATEDIFF('Status'[Created], MAX(Project[Status Changed]),DAY), 0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ConnorH , What output you need. You have created date and status date with you, you can take a date diff.

new column = Datediff([created_date],[status change date],day)

In case you want to have diff with the previous record. refer to this

https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-day-intelligence-questions-time-intelligence-5-5-5c324...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ConnorH , What output you need. You have created date and status date with you, you can take a date diff.

new column = Datediff([created_date],[status change date],day)

In case you want to have diff with the previous record. refer to this

https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-day-intelligence-questions-time-intelligence-5-5-5c324...

Hi @ConnorH,

is your problem solved?

Cheers,
Sturla

Yes sorry, I pressed delete on this post but I guess it didnt get deleted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors