Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zaknafeein
Regular Visitor

Find previous state of an order in a large massive

Hi. 

I have a massive of data what looks like this 

Zaknafeein_0-1644879504733.png

Whole set have a lot of orders, basicly it says who and when set status to an order. 

I want to calculate previous status for each row, if it have it, of course. 

From example the bottom row is a first status, so no previus status. 

Second row from bellow is second status, so it must have 61 as previus status and so on. 

I tryed some variants but non of them, give results ( 

Will be glad for a hint or a solution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It is great that your data alredy has an index column. That makes it so much easier.  Slap an actual index on that columns (via Table.AddKey), maybe add a Table.Buffer for good measure  and then you can run a small piece of Power Query code to lookup the prior data.

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to work with. Please show the expected outcome.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Zaknafeein 

you can use (calculated column)

LOOKUPVALUE(Table[Status id], Table[Index],Tabel[Index]-1)

Please let me knoow if it works. If so please consider marking my reply as accepted solution. Thank you

Hi, unfortunately no, because it takes last status of previous order as last status in first status of new. But i found solution what works thank you for answer, it helped to find the solution

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It is great that your data alredy has an index column. That makes it so much easier.  Slap an actual index on that columns (via Table.AddKey), maybe add a Table.Buffer for good measure  and then you can run a small piece of Power Query code to lookup the prior data.

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to work with. Please show the expected outcome.

Hi, thanks for an advice it help me to understand that my raw data was not prepared correctly. I have sorted data only by date and time column before i add an index. And it din an effect that one order have not have cohirent index order and one Order id can have a gap in meadle of it index.

So i add additional step of sorting in Power Query. At firs i sordet all order id and only then date time colunmn. And then i have add an index.

So order id is grooped in claster and have right order of index from earliest to latest.

And them i add this dax:

Last Status = 
CALCULATE (
    VALUES ('OrderHistory'[Status] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'OrderHistory' ),
        'OrderHistory'[Index]
            = EARLIER ( 'OrderHistory'[Index] ) -1
            && 'OrderHistory'[Order Id]=EARLIER(OrderHistory[Order Id]

)

))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.