Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evaluate all results for specific patient

Hi All

I have a list of patients and their various blood test results. Below is dummy data to futher explain what I need to evaluate.

NameMeasure TypeDate TakenResultMeasure Confilcts
Jason MoorHbA1c2018/06/1310.3Proximity Conflict
Jason MoorHbA1c2018/05/1310.1Proximity Conflict
Jason MoorHbA1c2019/10/137.6 
David MasonHbA1c2017/11/036.9Proximity Conflict
David MasonHbA1c2019/12/016.6 
David MasonHbA1c2017/10/038.6Proximity Conflict

I need a dax function that will evaluate HbA1c results for a patient and flag any results that were taken within 2 months of each other as Proximity Conflict.

In the table above, Jason Moor has 3 results, 2 of which are taken within a month of each other. I need to flag both of them as Proximity Conflicts because of this.

I tried using the below calculated column:

Measure Conflicts = SWITCH( TRUE(), 'Measure'[Measure Type] = "HbA1c" &&
'Measure'[Date] <= 'Measure'[HbA1c DateAdd]*, "Proximity Conflict (A1c)")

*'Measure{HbA1c DateAdd] = 
IF('Measure'[Measure Type] = "HbA1c",
DATE(YEAR('Measure'[OccurrenceDate]),MONTH('Measure'[OccurrenceDate])+2 ,DAY('Measure'[OccurrenceDate])))

What this calculated column does is evaluate only the row. I need it to evaluate all results for the measure type of HbA1c for the specific patient.

Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Please try below measure

Measure 2 = 
VAR _date = MAX('Table'[Date Taken])
VAR _previousDate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Date Taken]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name]),'Table'[Date Taken]<_date && 'Table'[Measure Type]= "HbA1c"))
VAR _nextdate = CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[Date Taken]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name]),'Table'[Date Taken]>_date  && 'Table'[Measure Type]= "HbA1c"))
RETURN IF(DATEDIFF(_date,_nextdate,MONTH)=1||DATEDIFF(_previousDate,_date,MONTH)=1,"Proximity Conflict")
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous thank you for taking the time to help. I tried your solution but I could not get it to work on my report. I even tried using it on a separate power bi report but it just would not load any results, it reqiures a lot of memory and would end up timing out. I cant even tell you if it works or not because it does not being back any results. I use a 8th Gen i7 8GB ram laptop and it would not load results. Intead it gives me this Error Message:
"There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available." 

Any way I can troubleshoot this performance issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors