Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

DarioForm
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic dashboard that shows TOP N and OTHER values

Hello everyone,

my objective is to create a measure that show best N values and the sum of others, in a context of dashboard where, as the user click a measure, the graphics change the content. 

Moreover, the dataset is of huge dimension, that makes it harder and also the performance should be considered.

Here is a semplification and explanation:

SALES    
ProductIDSalesQuantityProfitDiscount
A12103300
A1701100
A21802400,2
B150270,4
B270790
B214014180

The fact table has many dimensions that are related to the final dashboard; to make the dashboard dynamic, I create a SWITCH measure that refers to an unrelated table, that looks like this:

DIMENSION
TotalSales
TotalQuanity
TotalProfit
TotalDiscount

its aim is to calculate each dimension, based on the user selection.

I tried many different approaches but really can't get how to make it working as I want;

Hope that I've been exhaustive,

Thanks to everyone that answers,

Dario.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks, it is good, but I m looking for something better in terms of performance

Best to work with calculated columns then. Do a topn and add a new column with an IF statement of the product name or label it as other. This is not dynamic / will be calculated at load time, but will perform way better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.