Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NevilleB

Divide a measure and adding the half to another measure

Good day,

I need some assistance. 

I have a model connected to a Live Connection to Analysis Server. My model has measures which I use in the report. However, I need to split one of the measures into 2 and give half to one person and the other half to another.

In the table below, I tried to illustrate what my desired result should be.

NevilleB_0-1637672762140.png

In column A, I have the names of the persons to whom the inflows belong, as indicated in Column B. However, one of the Persons in Column A, has a joint name "James Smith/ Peter Oakfield". I need to split that inflow into 2, and then give half to James Smith and the other half to Peter Oakfield. The result I wish to achieve is in Column C. 

Any help with this would be appreciated. I found it quite challenging when using a live connection.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NevilleB 

As far as I know, you can't do this when you use the live connection.
Like @BeaBF  mentioned above, you need to modify your tabular model.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BeaBF
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@NevilleB Hi!

The only method I know of to do this and reach your desired is to act directly on the tabular model. If you want I can guide you through this procedure. Directly in viz seems impossible to me, due to the fact that it is hooked into live connection and therefore you do not have the possibility to create new tables or columns.

B.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.