Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rabi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Distributing Hours to the facilities from a Facility.

Hi Everyone,

Please help me with the following issue:

I used this dax to calculate the Maintenance Hours

Maintenance Hours (Head Office) =
           var Hours= CALCULATE( SUM (Table A [Hours] )
          , Table A [Department] IN { "Maintenance" },
          Table A '[Village Name]="Head Office") 
return 
CALCULATE(Hours,REMOVEFILTERS(Table A[Village Name]))

Now i need to distribute the resulting hours from above dax to other villages, i used the following dax but its not working as i have specified the Head Office in above dax, how can i make the resuting hours from above dax to act as hard value. I am distributing the hours based on the bed capacity of the villages

Head Office distribution Maintenance = 
VAR totalbed = CALCULATE(SUM(Table B[Bed Capacity]),
 ALLSELECTED(TABLE A[Village Name]))

VAR EachFacilityBeds = SUM(Table B[Bed Capacity])
RETURN
[Maintenance Hours (Head Office)]*EachFacilityBeds)/totalbed

I used the following Measure in a matrix but it doesnt give me the distributed hours, If i use the hard value like below then i get the corrrect distribution

Head Office distribution Maintenance = 
VAR totalbed = CALCULATE(SUM(Table B[Bed Capacity]),
 ALLSELECTED(TABLE A[Village Name]))

VAR EachFacilityBeds = SUM(Table B[Bed Capacity])
RETURN
(3500*bed)/totalbed

3500 is the resulting value from the first measure.

@parry2k  @Greg_Deckler @lbendlin 

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Rabi also do you want these as columns or measures? If you want columns I would do it in PQ, but if need measures then of course it will be DAX. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi Parry, 

I would prefer dax over PQ however, i am keen ko learn how would it be done in PQ, the hours can be divided in equal portions.

Thanks Very Much !!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Rabi 40 hours from h/o distributed to other facilities in equal portion or there are other strings attached?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Rabi very hard to tell what you are trying to achieve. It will be easier if you throw a sample pbix file or sample data with the expected output. Measures are not explaining much, at least to me. Thanks!

Hi Parry, 

Below is the sample data,

I want to Distribute the 40 hours from Head office to the villages A,B,C,D,E, The result would be 8 hours distributed to each villages. I have used same logic above.

Thanks !!

FacilityJob TitleWorked HrsAmount 
AMaintenance8100
B

Maintenance

CMaintenance8100
DMaintenance8100
EMaintenance8100
Head OfficeMaintenance40500

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors