Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FrodoBaggins
Frequent Visitor

Date slicer - Max period multi select not updating Stacked Column chart

I have the following (simplified) stacked column chart which counts the number of issues per source:
1.png
Based on this (simplified) data:

2.png

I then apply a date slicer which allows multiple selections

The date slicer is joined in the model and works correctly by adjusting the number of issues if one month is selected at a time.
When multiple months are selected then it need only evaluate the most recent month which I have calculated with the following 2 measures:

4.png

MaxPeriod = CALCULATE ( MAX ( vw_DimDate[Month] ))

IsMaxPeriod = IF(NOT(ISBLANK([MaxPeriod])), IF( MAX ( vw_PBI_MR_IssuesByAct[Period] ) = [MaxPeriod], 1, 0 ))

Confirmed to be working with a table visual:

5.png

If I then apply this filter, the table visual shows the correct count of 39 for the period of 202006

6.png

The problem is that the stacked bar chart does not-it shows 70 issues rather than 39 for 202006-any ideas on how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You forgot to use ALLSELECTED in your MAX part.

I would think that your desired implementation will lead to bad UX.  Meaning that users can select June and any other prior month but only June values should be shown?  That is non-intuitive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You forgot to use ALLSELECTED in your MAX part.

I would think that your desired implementation will lead to bad UX.  Meaning that users can select June and any other prior month but only June values should be shown?  That is non-intuitive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.