Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sergiu2020

DAX - Column AAA in table BBB cannot be found or may not be used in this expression

I have a dataset with Salesforce as datasource. It works fine. When I wanted to migrate to Snowflake (just chaging the connector and datasource as the logic and metadata remain the same), all relationships had to be rebuilt and in DAX columns are not found. I am getting an error message - which makes the title to this post.

The paradox is that in Power Query I am not getting any error. Moreover, even DAX is fine when a fewer number of columns are imported. In addition to this, for another dataset for which I perfomed the same procedure I did not get any issues.

Can you advise?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sergiu2020 ,

According to the error message, it seems that some columns can't be found in the specific table. Did you get the error message when change the data source from Salesforce to Snowflake? Please confirm if the table structure referred in the error message for Snowflake is exactly same with the one in Salesforce. And could you please provide the related screenshot and executed operation with the details? Thank you.

Wrong column reference

Column cannot be found or may not be used in this expression

The fix for this error message is to find the right column name in case it has been misspelled. 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thanks for answering. In my turn:

1. No, I did not get the error message when change the data source from Salesforce to Snowflake?

2. Yes, columns name are the same, dat types are the same

sergiu2020_0-1665129573940.png

Rebuilding it form scratch - it works, so what you suggested works. But the idea is that is not conveninent because this migration will have to be made for hundreds of datasets - and rebuilding each one from scratch does not make economical sense. I need an explanation of why the columns are not recognized in DAX.

Hi @sergiu2020 ,

If all of the columns which refer in the error message can be seen in the model table? Could you please try to delete the measure/calculated column/table which got the above error message and re-create it with the same formula? Later check if it works or not... Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors