Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

komald
Helper I
Helper I

Custom tooltip

I have created cluster column chart and I have to show different tooltips for each bar in a cluster .

komald_0-1650444751787.png

here you can see , for Chicago (DC) quantityplacement and quantityreorder i want to show different tooltip, is it possible in power bi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @komald,

I'm not so clear about your description, can you please explain more about these?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Did you mean to create multiple tooltips for one visual or replace the original visual tooltips?

If you mean the first one, current power bi only allows you to use one tooltip on visual. For the second one, you can create a report tooltip page to replace the original tooltips.

Using report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
satishsoni
Regular Visitor

Enable scrolling over custom tooltip, it is already possible with touch screen laptop but not posible in non touch screen laptop or desktop

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @komald,

I'm not so clear about your description, can you please explain more about these?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Did you mean to create multiple tooltips for one visual or replace the original visual tooltips?

If you mean the first one, current power bi only allows you to use one tooltip on visual. For the second one, you can create a report tooltip page to replace the original tooltips.

Using report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@komald , I doubt that is possible.

But what you can do is create a calculation group, then the measure will become a dimension value and checking that value you can create a measure that switches based on the filtered value selectedvalue and that measure in tooltip

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors