Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Calendar for sales data aggregated by weeks and months

Hello,

I am struggeling with creating Custom Calendar that would allow me to use time intelligence function on data that is already aggregated by weeks and months. The original table with transactions contains over 20M rows, so for performance and space saving reasons the grouping is necceseary and I perform it whle querying the database in SQL Server. I want to create:

- Month vs Same Month Last Year

- Week vs Same Week Last Year

- Year-To-Date vs Last Year Year-To-Date (by Months)

- Year-To-Date vs Last Year Year-To-Date (by Weeks)

My idea was to assign some dummy dates to each row of data, and then create custom calendar that would have each of these dummy dats allong with other details. I just cannot figure out the key (how to create dummy date having Year number Month number and Week number - please keep in mind that for example Week 5 of 2020 is  partialy in January and partialy in February)

Is it possible? Maybe I have to create 2 separete Calendars, one for Weeks and one for Months

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors