Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vissvess
Helper V
Helper V

Cumulative percentage measure to include some and exclude some filters & returning some constants

Hi dear all ,

Lemme make you understand my model.

I have a measure Cumulative%oftotal as follows.

Picture 4.JPG

When the measure applied on against the chassis list, I get the values computed as shown. The total accounts to 100% even with two shown filters and one hidden filter. That is fine for me. The date provides the quantity to alter. The Tray size provides the chassis list to change. Also, a third hidden filter will change the quantity. So, with all this filters I needed the total of cumulative total to 100%. That happens perfectly.

Picture 3.JPG

Now. I have another scenario, where there are filters as shown in. 

Picture 1.JPG

Yes. when I try to add the same measure to the table in the bottom . It returns the following.

Picture 2.JPG

But, I donot need this to happen. I expect the same value shown in the image 2 get populated in it.

I need a measure that pulls the value from the image 2. or modification of the same measure so as to use in the image 4.

This is my first requirement.

Second, In image3, It shows me at selected date period and date and selected time bucket in graph, it has 16 chassis count and the same is listed in the below table. As per the image 2, there is a cumulative % listed. I need three individual measures listing 

1. count of chassis matching the selected 16 in this case list with cumulative % <=0.8

2. count of chassis matching the selected 16 in this case list with cumulative % >0.8 & cumulative <=0.95

3. count of chassis matching the selected 16 in this case list with cumulative % >0.95

A seperate measure to replace in certain tables with the cumulative percentage based on the above three conditions to Fast, Medium & Rare respectively

I will be so thankful.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mate, if __currentQty (which is equal to [Quantity]) is BLANK, and this happens in your table, then the cumulative percentage will be 100% out of necessity. So the calculation is right.

Best
Darek
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, can you add sample tables (in format that can be copied to PowerBI) from your model with anonymised data?

Column1 Column2
A 1
B 2.5

As described here:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Also please post the DAX code you use in the format that I could copy to PowerBI instead of typing manually
EDIT - that includes the code for the measure you posted AND the [Quantity] measure

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors