Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ReyDeSirenas
Regular Visitor

Create shift from time

Hi,

I´ve been trying to figure this out. So basically I want to create a new table named "Shift" with only two values: Shift 1 and Shift 2.

Shift 1 goes from 07:30 to 19:30 and Shift 2 goes from 19:30 to 07:30. These shifts are for all days of the week. 

Days of the week are seen as numbers, not text. This is how it looks:

ReyDeSirenas_0-1681163189843.png

Do you guys have any idea how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PiEye
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @ReyDeSirenas  in DAX this is simple to achieve as dates and times work similar to numbers, and you can perform greater than / less than comparisons easily.

This expression as a calculated column (ie, not measure) in the same table as the time element should work.

Shift = "Shift " & If('Days and hours'[Time] >= time(7,30,0) && 'Days and hours'[Time] < time(19,30,0), 1,2)

Result:

PiEye_0-1681215383473.png

HTH

Pi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PiEye
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @ReyDeSirenas  in DAX this is simple to achieve as dates and times work similar to numbers, and you can perform greater than / less than comparisons easily.

This expression as a calculated column (ie, not measure) in the same table as the time element should work.

Shift = "Shift " & If('Days and hours'[Time] >= time(7,30,0) && 'Days and hours'[Time] < time(19,30,0), 1,2)

Result:

PiEye_0-1681215383473.png

HTH

Pi

Thanks a lot! That worked and you help me a lot to understand how it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors