Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Infrecon
Frequent Visitor

Comparison Market share only in specific sectors

Have the following initial situation:

A table with various sales, here is a small excerpt:

IDCustomerCatRegionSales
1C_1AR_12
2C_2AR_14
3C_1VR_21
4C_3CR_35
5C_5DR_46
6C_4ER_22

Now I want to filter so that the following table is displayed:

1. he should only take all the rows where my customer, in the example C_1, has made sales and then compare them with the market volume in the region.

Example: ID 1 and ID 2 both in the region R_1, C_1 has sold 2, but a total of 6 units were sold in R_1.
R_3, for example, may not appear because in our example C_1 did not sell in R_3.

RegionMarket Share
R_133.3%
R_250%
9 REPLIES 9
Infrecon
Frequent Visitor

Let's start again from the beginning for a moment. Sorry for the questions. I'm slowly getting closer, but not yet final.

Attached a test pbix with dummy data, which is remarkably similar to my data.

Initial situation:

I have a database with many cases per hospital and department, including the corresponding DRGs and regions (states from which the patient came).

In our example, there are three hospitals A-C, with departments of surgery or internal medicine.

On my dashboard, there should be a graphic that highlights the states (top left).

At the bottom it has a slicer by department, which currently only looks at hospital A. (we are looking at hospital A as a client and hospitals B and C as benchmarks.

On the top right it currently has a table to overview the data, but should show a table with the respective hospital and the number of cases per hospital.

Question:

Now I would have to select the surgery (in the slicer), then it should give me
1. show the market shares of hospital A (slicer, in this case surgery) on the map compared to the benchmark per state.
- In order for me to compare the departments, it is important that we take the DRGs, as a homogeneous patient population.

Now comes the tricky part. As an example, let's take DRG A01, which is present 3 times in surgery, but also 1 time in internal medicine in hospital A.

If I now want to display the states, the market share for A01 in the state of PA would have to be 66% (2 from hospital A, surgery) and 1 from hospital B (in the benchmark it does not matter which department), the case from internal medicine should not be counted.

In the state of DE, 100%, since only one case of A01 occurred in this state.

2. in the table at the top right, the number of cases per hospital A-C should be displayed, but only in the states which have fields in the map at the top left.

Can anyone help me? I like to learn

eliasayy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @Infrecon 

Total by region = CALCULATE(SUM(Infrecon[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Infrecon,Infrecon[Region]))
Market Share = SUMX(Infrecon,DIVIDE(Infrecon[Sales],[Total by region],0))

Screenshot 2022-10-25 113822.png

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

wdx223_Daniel_0-1666684158871.png

@wdx223_Daniel 

Thank you for your suggestion, I have already tried something like that.

Now a small flaw:

In your solution it shows 33% for the region R_2, but that is not correct.

Because C_1 only sells Category V in R_2, and nobody else sells Category V, which means it should be 100%.

MarketShare% = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),ALL('Table'[Customer]),VALUES('Table'[Cat])),0)

@wdx223_Daniel 

On the right track, now everything is right, thank you.

Another question, how can I change the values using parameters?

Assuming that the table above contains segments and other dimensions in addition to category?

eliasayy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Infrecon if youre trying to see each category by its market share then use 

TOTAL by CAT = CALCULATE(SUM(Infrecon[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Infrecon,Infrecon[Cat]))
Market Share = SUMX(Infrecon,DIVIDE(Infrecon[Sales],[TOTAL by CAT],0))

Screenshot 2022-10-25 120531.png

replace VALUES with ALLSELECTED?? not very sure of it.

Infrecon
Frequent Visitor

It is perhaps easier with an example

Link

I have a slicer, here in the example Store Type

Now I want to have the market shares per territory in the table above, but only where other stores also sell in the specific category.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.