Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare a function with a date. Help me please. (DAX)

Can someone help me? I inserted the following function:

if [Status] = "in progress" and [Actual End] = null and [Scheduled End]> = Date.IsInCurrentDay then "3" else
if [Real Start] = null and [Programmed End]> = Date.IsInCurrentDay then "1" else
if [Actual End] <= Date.IsInCurrentDay and [Actual End] <= [Scheduled End] and [Actual End] <> null then "1" else "2"

I get the following message: Expression.Error: We were unable to apply the <operator to the Function and Date types.
Details:
     Operator = <
     Left = [Function]
     Right = 08/29/2019

Can someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Maybe it is just how you posted it bu there were spaces between some of the >= so I removed those below. Hard to test though.

if [Status] = "in progress" and [Actual End] = null and [Scheduled End] >= Date.IsInCurrentDay then "3" else
if [Real Start] = null and [Programmed End] >= Date.IsInCurrentDay then "1" else
if [Actual End] <= Date.IsInCurrentDay and [Actual End] <= [Scheduled End] and [Actual End] <> null then "1" else "2"

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Power BI Cookbook Third Edition (Color)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg, first of all thank you for your interest in helping, but it has nothing to do with space. "No syntax errors detected". The "x" of the question here is how to compare a column with dates to a function. In the example case I am trying to use the "Date.IsInCurrentDay" function.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To make it clearer, I want to compare a column with dates and a function with a current date to find out if this condition sets a status to "Expired", for example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the syntax for the function is:

Date.IsInCurrentDay(dateTime as any) as nullable logical

What you're trying to do is use the function without arguments, which is akin to referring to the function and not its results.

What you probably need is a comparison with:

DateTime.FixedLocalNow()

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.