Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the numbers present- DAX- conditional check

hi 

I am newbee in power bi 

I have Problem with following condition below.

i have table, consider there are two columns ID and amount , ID corresponds to the City codes of sales  and amount is Offer amount of item like this

car1.PNG

now i have some list of ids that belong to flood affected area and the offer amount should be valid only to specific city id say 

in the above Picture red formatted cell says the offer amount has been given to city id not present in above list of city ids 

and Yellow formatted Cell says that offer amount has not given to the city id - 162 which listed in the above city id list. 

How to do that ? any Sepecfic Dax formula we can use for this ? 

TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope I understood it clearly 
If city is not in flood affected list and amount is greater than zero --> red

If city is in flood affected and amount is zero --> Yellow

Please create a measure as per below code

Measure = IF(AND(NOT(MAX(Sales[ID])) IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),SUM(Sales[Amount])>0),"RED",IF(AND(MAX(Sales[ID]) IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),SUM(Sales[Amount])=0),"Yellow", "Niether Red nor yellow"))

In case you want to use this as a slicer then create a calculated column as per below code

Column = IF(AND(NOT(Sales[ID]) IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),Sales[Amount]>0),"RED",IF(AND(Sales[ID] IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),Sales[Amount]=0),"Yellow", "Niether Red nor yellow"))

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

This is what I'm getting with your dataset. Please refer image attached. You can replace red and yellow text in formula with anomoly or any other text that you want. This code will work fine even if in future there is addition of flood affected areas
Anomoly.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to show this two types of anomaliesas seperated detailed table not through highlighting or foamatting option

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope I understood it clearly 
If city is not in flood affected list and amount is greater than zero --> red

If city is in flood affected and amount is zero --> Yellow

Please create a measure as per below code

Measure = IF(AND(NOT(MAX(Sales[ID])) IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),SUM(Sales[Amount])>0),"RED",IF(AND(MAX(Sales[ID]) IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),SUM(Sales[Amount])=0),"Yellow", "Niether Red nor yellow"))

In case you want to use this as a slicer then create a calculated column as per below code

Column = IF(AND(NOT(Sales[ID]) IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),Sales[Amount]>0),"RED",IF(AND(Sales[ID] IN VALUES(FloodAffected[Id_City]),Sales[Amount]=0),"Yellow", "Niether Red nor yellow"))

Anonymous
Not applicable

the problem is very  simple as this the primary list 

these are flood affetced areas this may add up in future also 

any city id which has this follwing city id should have amount or offer applied(non- zero)(example-yellow row)

162 is in list its should have some amount instead of zero in that image so thats anomoly 

any city id that are not coming inside this list should be zero ( example-red row)

225 is no in the list , it should be zero instead of 5 in image  @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

This is what I'm getting with your dataset. Please refer image attached. You can replace red and yellow text in formula with anomoly or any other text that you want. This code will work fine even if in future there is addition of flood affected areas
Anomoly.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks now Its working fine !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors