Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

julesdude
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Can't get a Correct Total for a column in my Card Visual

Hi,

My struggles continue with getting a correct column measure total from my matrix table into a card visual.

The column measure, which displays the correct monetary values:

Valuation to Fund Currency (Last Date) = 
// CONVERT THE NATIVE CURRENCY AMOUNT TO THE FUND CURRENCY 

// Get user selected currency
var selectedcurrency = [var FundCurrency]

// Get native currency
var origincurrency = [var origincurrency]

// Get last date asset was valued
var dateofassetevaluation = LASTDATE('Asset_Valuation'[Valuation Date])

// Look for last date of valuation and return nearest preceding date available for currency converstion in adjacent column [ECBRateDate] in the DataTable table
var ecbdateforevaluation = LOOKUPVALUE(DateTable[ECBRateDate],DateTable[Date],dateofassetevaluation)

// Now return the conversion rate value [OBS_VALUE] in the ECB_FX_RATES table where [CURRENCY] matched origincurrency and [CURRENCY_DENOM] is EUR and date is the same [TIME_PERIOD] = ecbdateforevaluation
var closest_to_date = CALCULATE(MAX(DistinctECBRates[TIME_PERIOD]), DistinctECBRates[TIME_PERIOD] <= dateofassetevaluation, ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY] = origincurrency)
var currency_value_closest_to_date = CALCULATE(SUM(ECB_FX_RATES[OBS_VALUE]), ECB_FX_RATES[TIME_PERIOD] = closest_to_date && ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY] = origincurrency)

// LOOKUPVALUE(ECB_FX_RATES[OBS_VALUE],ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY],origincurrency,ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY_DENOM],"EUR",ECB_FX_RATES[TIME_PERIOD],ecbdateforevaluation)

// Now calculate the conversion rate - if the origincurrency is EUR, just use the [ValueLastDate SUM] value otherwise if it's different divide the [ValueLastDate SUM] with currency_value_closest_to_date converstion rate
var euro_value = if(origincurrency="EUR",[Valuation Total TABLE SUM],[Valuation Total TABLE SUM]/currency_value_closest_to_date)

// Get the fund currency rate by finding the currency out of EUR to selected currency - return the rate [OBS_VALUE] in ECB_FX_RATES table by matching [CURRENCY] with the selectedcurrency & [CURRENCY_DENOM] = EUR and [TIME_PERIOD] = ecbdateforevaluation (the date of the valuation)
var closest_to_date2 = CALCULATE(MAX(DistinctECBRates[TIME_PERIOD]), DistinctECBRates[TIME_PERIOD] <= dateofassetevaluation, ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY] = selectedcurrency)
var desired_currency_value_closest_to_date = CALCULATE(SUM(ECB_FX_RATES[OBS_VALUE]), ECB_FX_RATES[TIME_PERIOD] = closest_to_date2 && ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY] = selectedcurrency )

// var desired_currency_value_closest_to_date = LOOKUPVALUE(ECB_FX_RATES[OBS_VALUE],ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY],selectedcurrency,ECB_FX_RATES[CURRENCY_DENOM],"EUR",ECB_FX_RATES[TIME_PERIOD],ecbdateforevaluation)

// If selected currency is EUR, use the euro_value amount as no second stage conversion needed, otherwise use the euro_value * desired_currency_value_closest_to_date to convert to selected currency. If the calculation returns an error, return conversion amount as 0
var actual_value = IFERROR(if(selectedcurrency="EUR",euro_value,euro_value* desired_currency_value_closest_to_date),0)

RETURN
IF (NOT origincurrency = "EUR", actual_value * [Ownership Percentage], actual_value)

Essentially the above takes the last dated monetary value of a asset (building) and converts this amount to another currency if necessary. In my card visual, I use the following which takes the above measure and wraps it up in a SUMX. It comes close, but gives an incorrect figure:

Total Valuation = SUMX(Building, [Valuation to Fund Currency (Last Date)])

How can I get the correct total?

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Hi @lbendlin 

Sure. I have remodelled the data and created a new post with an attached pbix with the problem here:

Help needed! Can't get Card Visuals to Display Cor... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors