Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

whodis118
Frequent Visitor

Can I get a count of equipment on all job sites for a day when someone drills through a bar chart?

I am brand new to power BI and I am sure this is possible, but I am not sure how to form an accurate DAX statement.

So I have a bar chart on a page that shows all inactive equipment per day. 

image.png

You can drill through one of the days, and it will take you to another page that shows a matrix with all jobs/down equipment for that day:

whodis118_0-1663944286026.png

What I am trying to do is get a count of all equipment assigned to these jobs on this day.

What makes it tricky, is these jobs are only jobs that contain down equipment... So it is not every job for that day, only jobs with one or more inactive equipment. 

I need to somehow count the active and inactive equipment for these specific jobs... I think Calculate() will do it, but I am not sure how to filter it correctly.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, you have the right idea.,  Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors