Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

6 Week Rolling Average

I need to calculate a six week rolling average with duplicates of product ID removed before calculating the average. I have looked at lots of other people's posts about similar situations which is how I got the two attempts below. I just can't figure it out.

My product ID is a text format and the date is a date/time format. I don’t want to create a calculated column either and just create a measure to be used in a visualization.

I essentially want to sum the number of times all customers bought by week.

I have created a measure to calculate six week rolling average but I haven’t attempted how to remove duplicates. When I try adding my measure to a visual it says that “the date column contains duplicate dates. “ Which is true, customers buy on the same day multiple times.

My 1st attempt:

Rolling Average = var range = DATESINPERIOD(table[date],MIN(table[date]),-42, DAY) var first = FIRSTDATE(range) var last = LASTDATE(range) return IF(DATEDIFF(first, last, DAY)> 40, DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(table[product ID]),ALL(table),range),CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(table),ALL(table),range)),BLANK())

My 2nd attempt:

Rolling Average 2 = CALCULATE(SUM(table[ID]),DATESINPERIOD(table [date],LASTDATE(table [date]),-42,DAY),ALL(table [customer]))

I created what I want as a pivot table in excel but this needs to be updated each week automatically. Below is what I want:

CookieM_0-1689883222078.png

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lbendlin , hopefully this sample data helps. I appreciate the help. 

Product IDSoldCustomerDate
2010331A7/10/2023
1776471B7/11/2023
2908603A7/12/2023
2474620C7/13/2023
2892341C7/13/2023
1824302B7/17/2023
2597581B7/18/2023
2483335A7/18/2023
2682240A7/20/2023
1203284C7/21/2023

Not really.  If you want a 6 week rolling average you need to provide at least 7 but better 12 or more weeks of sample data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.