Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JGARIN
Frequent Visitor

small()

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a sample of merchandise movements between different stores and the time (in minutes) that took those movements (reaction time), this is due to higher demand than planned so we have to move inventory between stores.

So, one of my KPI is the reaction time that covers the 90% of my movements. So technically I have to rank all of my movements in a given period of time, and select the one that covers the 90% of them. This KPI is measured by city, state and per country so the ranking has to be dinamic so the indicator has to recalculate depending of what you are looking.

Kind Regards

5 REPLIES 5
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It is unclear what is your issue. Could you please provide some screens with more deep explanation?

Thanks!

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Hi,

I have the following sample of information of 2 cities, Miami and Boston, both from the USA:

imagen.PNG

My KPI works the following way, we can calculate it at a City level (Miami/Boston) or at a country level (USA) so...

For the USA

First, if we are measuring the time of reaction of the country USA we have a total of 20 movements right? (one per row)

Then we rank the time of reaction of those movements from 1 to 20

Then we calculate the 90% of 20 = 18

So finally the value of the KPI for USA is the time of reaction at the 18th position of our rank, in this case is 98 minutes

On the other hand for Boston (for example)

First, if we are measuring the time of reaction of the city Boston we have a total of 10 movements

Then we rank the time of reaction of those movements from 1 to 10

Then we calculate the 90% of 10 = 9

So finally the value of the KPI for USA is the time of reaction at the 9th, in this other case is 80 minutes

If we reply the excercise for Miami, the KPI is 98 minutes.

Sorry, if its hard to get, my english is not very good.

Kind regards

So, do you want to create a new visual to show this calculation or you look for an existing visual that can cover this?

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Hi,

I'm trying to figure it out how to calculate first

Kind Regards

Hi,

You can try to build or take a visual that accepts couple of buckets.

The frist bucket accepts categories fields, the second accepts measures fields.

Categories are grouping fields, usually some strings or dates.

Measures are value fields, usually numbers. Measures obligatory apply some grouping function as sum, avg, first, last, etc

But it looks like that you need to program custom logic that takes 90% of summed up measure field value.

I suppose that some Gauge visuals can cover your task but I am not sure.

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.