Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

uberdube
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Timeline Storyteller custom visual not working

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly where to post this but I'm sure someone will correct me if necessary 🙂

I'm not sure if it's been reported here previously (doesn't seem to be) but the Timeline Storyteller custom visual for Power BI appears to have broken with a recent PBI update.. there is a growing list of complaint feedback on the MS AppSource page (link below), but it appears the developer (which says it's Microsoft) hasn't acknowledged this so far? The negative reviews seems to begin around the end of last month (July 2020).

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-au/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381136?tab=Reviews# 

Just trying to find a way to bring this to someone's attention if possible, as obviously people are trying to use it (including myself) with no luck. Hoping some action can be taken.

uberdube_0-1598428111389.png

Cheers,

Greg

6 REPLIES 6
crissygamelson
Regular Visitor

Does anyone know if Microsoft is aware of this issue? I really need this visual. 

Yes, MS are aware I emailed them and they said they were looking into it.

Thank you!! Hope they fix it soon! 

jazking123
Frequent Visitor

Hey Folks,

There was also talk of an update that would reduce the amount of screen space the visual requires.

As others have said, it's a great visual for the business to use. It just requires a lot of vertical space. If there could be a minimum view option where you just see the bar, that would be great.

Gareth.

cbird
Regular Visitor

Does anyone have an update as to when this is likely to be fixed? I've noticed that the github repository has been updated - I assume that this it to fix the issue described here.

CBurd
Regular Visitor

Typical Microsoft. Every release breaks something else and they do not pay atention to these posts. The only way we have been able to get something like this resolved in the past is to open a ticket with support

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors