Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shannnonpereira
Frequent Visitor

Refreshing Data from Power BI Custom Visual Source Code

Hello,

I currently have a use case where I need to refresh the Power BI Report Dataset through my Power BI Custom Visual source code on certain events. I know it is possible to refresh the dataset using host.refreshHostData(). However, this is a restricted API and it looks like it is necessary to upload the visual on AppSource for the API to work well. Unfortunately, we do not plan to upload our visual on AppSource.

Is it possible to get access to the refreshHostData API without uploading it on AppSource? If not, then are there any other alternatives like LogicApps or Power Automate using a trigger event sent through the custom visual?   

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Assuming you have the right authentication you can issue a POST call directly to the Power BI REST API to request a refresh.

Datasets - Refresh Dataset In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Thank you! I will have a look at this suggestion

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.