Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArildL

Eisenhower matrix visualization

Hi!

I am quite new with PBI, but have spent som time to figure out this one.
I have made a form in Excel and want to use the data list to visualize the data as a Eisenhower priority matrix in PBI. I seems as a Scatter diagram is the most natural choice, but feel free to recommend.

The data list contains a form with a list of task and a estimation of several factors.

Each Task [Task #] are summarized into two subfactors; Doability [Total Doability] and Impact [Total Impact] that are to be multiplied with eachother and give the Total [Total sum]. 

The purpose is to have the visualization plotting each task into the designated box in the matrix.

Ex.: 

Doability: 2

Impact: 3

Total sum: 6

The Task should then be displayed in the upper left blue box (#6).

What is the best way to do this?

Data list:

Data list.png

Matrix example from Excel.

Example of wanted matrix, done in ExcelExample of wanted matrix, done in Excel

2 REPLIES 2
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

One simple approach would be to make a scatter chart with impact and doabaility on your axes (and Tasks in the Values area), and then take a screen grab image of your Excel chart and use it as the background in the scatter chart. You would need to fix the axes on the chart to the max impact and doability values.

Pat

Microsoft Employee
KerKol
Super User
Super User

Perhaps a method similar to this? 

2022 Week 10 | Power BI: Risk Matrix – Workout Wednesday (workout-wednesday.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.