cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric is Generally Available. Browse Fabric Presentations. Work towards your Fabric certification with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

rodneyc8063
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI Support Portal Navigation?

This is a bit of a silly question, and forgive my naivity as I am just getting immersed into Power BI

I was advised to create a support ticket via the support forum, and noticed a few things that I am not sure where to find.

I am used to creating a support profile (I frequent the oracle support portal), but did not see an area or profile page where I could input my company information?

Is there a profile page I can create, so it expediates/minimizes the amount of info I need to input when I create a ticket?

Also, I was wondering if I create a ticket I get an email back directly (this is great in my opinon). But if for example, I am away and I need someone on my team to follow up with a ticket - Is there a specific portal where I can have all my teams support tickets logged?

Sorry again for the naive question, this is a whole new world for me 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @rodneyc8063!

When you opening your case, and are presented with a list of Power BI options, please choose 'Power BI Service'. I am uncertain if you are able to create a profile for future use, I have inquired regarding this, but have not yet heard back. I do know that you will receive an email back and you, or your team, will be able to communicate with the support team via this email.

I hope this helps you, if you run into challenges, please don't hesitate to let us know so that we can assist!

Hi @BrandyG_iTalent 

I did notice that when I submitted a ticket, I got a reply back directly into my email inbox.

But if I was away, how best would I be able to have my team follow up on the ticket?

Would I simply forward the email to my team to follow up?

Or is there somewhere where I can specify to use an alternate email for contact.

I just found the support form a bit confusing, as apparently they tried to call me, even though I prefer being contacted via email

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI November 2023 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - November 2023

Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Community News

Fabric Community News unified experience

Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.

Power BI Fabric Summit Carousel

The largest Power BI and Fabric virtual conference

130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors