Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rakeshg1
Regular Visitor

"OData__ColorTag" Field not found Error

We have dataflows set up from our SharePoint List. Today we see a new error saying "OData__ColorTag" field not found. When we tried to remove this field using "Remove Columns" It says field does not exist. Not sure how to fix this. Any one experienced this issue before?

PowerBI Refresh Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aggregator3000
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi guys, happy to confirm I have found a workaround. Seems like we need to move over to new API versions

You can achieve via recreating/amending your dataset via either of the following:

UI

New Data -> SharePoint Online Lists -> Implementation 2.0 -> View Mode Default

Then either substitute in that M code to your original sheet / fully recreate on the new datasource

M Code

let
    Source = 
        SharePoint.Tables(  "https://[Org].sharepoint.com/sites/[Site URL]/", 
                            [   Implementation="2.0", 
                                ViewMode="Default"
                                ]
                            )
in
    Source

/*
Old source code for reference only
Source = SharePoint.Tables(
    "https://[Org].sharepoint.com/sites/[Site URL]/",
    [ApiVersion = 15]
  )
*/

Note: To expand/retrieve some foreign data in one of the subtables (user email address), now I have to extrapolate to rows first, and then values.. this is because there is a 1:N potential for the people/group data type

@SaurabhiS @rakeshg1 @Chielles 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tudor4it

Hi!

This error is still persisting on my reports consuming data from SP lists.

When it will be fixed? Where are the Microsoft people to give an insight?

Thank you!

@Tudor4it 

The older PQ-SP Connector / API version doesn't support some new SharePoint List feature

Confirmed fix can be found below

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/quot-OData-ColorTag-quot-Field-not-found-Error/m-p/3194670/... 

rakeshg1
Regular Visitor

UPDATE:
Thank you all for your responses. The OData_ColorTag error is gone this morning. But now getting good old 429 too many requests error.

Hi @rakeshg1 

You can refer to the following link.

Solved: Error 29 TOO MANY REQUESTS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS dataflow - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SaurabhiS
Frequent Visitor

@aggregator3000  thank you this solution worked.

But while implementing the solution I found out that OData_ColorTag is now visible in list similar to Odata_UIVersion column and if Table.RemoveColumns  is used, we can add the OData_ColorTag column in there or if Table.SelectColumns is used no change is required. 

aggregator3000
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi guys, happy to confirm I have found a workaround. Seems like we need to move over to new API versions

You can achieve via recreating/amending your dataset via either of the following:

UI

New Data -> SharePoint Online Lists -> Implementation 2.0 -> View Mode Default

Then either substitute in that M code to your original sheet / fully recreate on the new datasource

M Code

let
    Source = 
        SharePoint.Tables(  "https://[Org].sharepoint.com/sites/[Site URL]/", 
                            [   Implementation="2.0", 
                                ViewMode="Default"
                                ]
                            )
in
    Source

/*
Old source code for reference only
Source = SharePoint.Tables(
    "https://[Org].sharepoint.com/sites/[Site URL]/",
    [ApiVersion = 15]
  )
*/

Note: To expand/retrieve some foreign data in one of the subtables (user email address), now I have to extrapolate to rows first, and then values.. this is because there is a 1:N potential for the people/group data type

@SaurabhiS @rakeshg1 @Chielles 

SaurabhiS
Frequent Visitor

Agreed I had same issue, the issue is that the "OData_ColorTag" column in a Table disappears after being visible for a few minutes, which is causing difficulty in implementing the Table.RemoveColumns step. Even using the Table.SelectColumns step results in an error. I tried writing query after data is loaded which worked for the first two refreshes but then failed. The formula was "if (List.Contains(PreviousStepName[ColumnNames], "OData__ColorGroup")) then Table.RemoveColumns(PreviousStepName, {"OData__ColorGroup"}) else PreviousStepName".

aggregator3000
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue today also. Syd Australia.

This is a system column within a Sharepoint List data source. For us, it appears in the initial PQ Data load when using SP List as a data source.
No changes have occurred to the source asset, no changes to any source data records.

We were referencing explicitly it in a 'Remove Columns' (Table.RemoveColumns) PowerQuery step.
Updated PQ script to do the reverse, via 'Choose Columns' (Table.SelectColumns) step, as this will implicitly remove any columns outside of the defined list. Therefore it's not part of the M code, not part of the end-data load.

Result: Still doesn't work

Edit 1

Further working through the PQ steps, I can see one expanded value from the UserInfoItem is throwing that error. Even though we are not wanting to expand this specific colourtag column.

In the source dataset, the data type is 'Person or Group'

Edit 2

Now we cannot even load the list with zero PQ alterations

aggregator3000_0-1681864445679.png

Edit 3