Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WhitmarkEA
Frequent Visitor

Toggle visibility of an image (or graphic)

I'm trying to push my users away from static PowerPoint exports and towards the service, but we have some stalwarts who still like their dashboards presented in PowerPoint slides.    Unfortunately, these are the same people who get irritated by the page navigation buttons appearing in their exported PowerPoint slides. 

Ironically, the navigation buttons (i.e. a big visual "Home" button to take users to the home page) are there to help ease marginal users through the content.

Is there a way that I can add a company logo (for example) over the top of the navigation button when exported?  Ideally, it would know when it's being exported - but I suspect I need a "export mode" toggle, slicer, measure, etc on the first page.

I have managed similar functionality, where measures create a True/False depending on values within filtered data - which controls the back-color of a graphic - but this was data led, depending on a count of unique values.  I can't think of a way to make it work without prexisting data to pin it to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WhitmarkEA ,

Based on your description, unfortunately, Power BI does not directly support changing report element visibility based on export mode. You can try the following to achieve similar results:
1. Create a bookmark to capture both states of the report page. You can refer to the following documentation for details:

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
2. Add a button that, when clicked, activates the Export View bookmark. This can be used to hide navigation buttons or display other elements such as logos. Directs the user to click this button before exporting to PowerPoint.

This method does not automatically detect the export operation and requires the user to manually prepare the report for export.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WhitmarkEA ,

Based on your description, unfortunately, Power BI does not directly support changing report element visibility based on export mode. You can try the following to achieve similar results:
1. Create a bookmark to capture both states of the report page. You can refer to the following documentation for details:

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
2. Add a button that, when clicked, activates the Export View bookmark. This can be used to hide navigation buttons or display other elements such as logos. Directs the user to click this button before exporting to PowerPoint.

This method does not automatically detect the export operation and requires the user to manually prepare the report for export.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors