Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Quang
Frequent Visitor

The Power BI Report doesn't have permission to read data Lakehouse (Direct Lake table permission)

I am currently experiencing issues related to obtaining Lakehouse data permissions from the chart. The chart is unable to establish a connection with the dataset and is displaying the following error. I have the ability to access the Lakehouse and query data.

My workspace role is set as Contributor, and my permissions include Read, Write, Execute, ReadAll, and ViewOutput.

It's worth noting that this issue has only arisen today; it was functioning correctly yesterday.

Could you please assist me in resolving this matter?

Quang_0-1698123446917.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Quang
Frequent Visitor

This issue has been fixed by the Microsoft Developer Team after I created the support ticket.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Quang
Frequent Visitor

This issue has been fixed by the Microsoft Developer Team after I created the support ticket.

Thanks

deanbeane
Employee
Employee

Hi @Quang, sorry to hear you are still struggling. My setup is I have a DEV workspace with all my Fabric artefacts, and I then make a subset of non-Fabric artefacts (dashboards, reports, semantic models/datasets) available in a Premium per-user workspace for end-user consumption. I am not entirely sure why this works - it just does in my case. I will steer clear of addressing your particular region constraints as I'm not familiar with your admin settings. Sorry I cant be of more help...

deanbeane
Employee
Employee

I had the same issue. Changing the licence type of the worskspace which hosts the report to 'Premium Per-user' solved the problem. 'Workspace Settings' -> 'Premium' -> 'Premium per-user'

deanbeane_0-1698423166040.png

Hi @deanbeane ,

I have tried to change the License type of the workspace to Premium User. I got the error below.

Quang_0-1698755233957.png

My workspace is using Fabric resources, Is that affect my workspace report if I remove Fabric?

I found that the issue permission is only for external users who do not have the same domain as the workspace admin.

gtacchini
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue here!!

Quang
Frequent Visitor

Hi @GilbertQ , I already have gotten this issue for more than 1 day in my time zone , Still not fixed yet

Hi @Quang 

I would then try something else, because it is in preview I do not think that support can help at the moment.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Quang 

It might just be a temporary bug that might be fixed tomorrow?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors